Burners, Inc. - The History of Our Company
Est. 1962 • Orignal Address: 12901 Auburn • Detroit, MI 23 (later to become 48223)
Previous Addresses: (1964-1998) 19011 W. Davison • Detroit, MI 48223 • (1998 - 2008) 4901 McCarthy • Milford,, MI 48381
Current Address: (11/08 - Present) 2299 Childs Lake Rd. • Milford, MI 48381
Burners, Inc. began as a division of Flamegas, Inc, a small independent propane gas company. The first products were developed and manufactured in a tiny shed behind the main Flamegas offices. Our founder, Frederick (Bill) Mayo, recognized a need for obtaining high volumes of continuous heat at road repair and roofing job sites. Having been involved with LP gas since the 1940’s, Mr. Mayo was considered a leader in his field and was involved in the formation of technical standards for the LP gas industry. He designed many of the products that Burners, Inc. manufactures today.
In 1962, Burners, Inc. was created to produce and distribute various types of liquid propane burners and torches. During the first year of its existence, Burners, Inc. Shared a facility with the propane company, but soon found it necessary to relocate to a separate building. Operations moved to the corner of W. Davison and Artesian in Detroit, Michigan in 1964. Additional space was added in the mid-1970’s when the Company purchased an adjacent building on the south side of the original building. The Detroit operation was closed in 1998 when Burners, Inc. moved to Milford Township. After ten years on McCarthy Drive,, the Company moved into a larger facility on Childs Lake Road in the fall of 2008 in order to accommodate the expansion of our custom fabrication department.